What is your return policy?
We accept returns within 30 calendar days of receipt. As long as you return the product within this time period, and without any damage or missing components, you will be eligible for a refund on your return.
The following items may not be eligible for return:
- Repair manuals, CD-ROMS, or any product that allows you to download a program to the vehicle, as long as it has been opened. If the item is still unopened (sealed), it may still be eligible for return
- Electrical parts that have been unsealed or plugged in
- Custom-made and special order products
- Batteries where acid has been added
- Parts that have been installed, welded, modified, cut, molded, mounted, etc.
- Engines and transmissions that have been installed.
If you need to verify whether or not your item can be returned, please call our Returns Desk at 866-529-5530 option number 4 and we’ll be happy to assist you. If we receive an item that is not eligible for refund, we will contact you to discuss the disposition of your return. Ineligible items will only be held for a limited time after our initial contact attempt. Please note that the warehouse may dispose of the ineligible items after this time unless arrangements have been made to have the item returned to you.
JC Whitney does not cover miscellaneous expenses including labor costs for removal and installation of a defective part, materials, lost time or wages, towing, lift, dock or storage fees. JC Whitney shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages including without limitation, indirect or special damages as a result of product defects.
Warranty claims are those instances where the part is covered under a warranty for a period of time. The part works for a period of time, and then fails. Please refer to our Warranty Policy to determine coverage. Most manufacturers offer limited warranties with their products and require that you register your product to activate its warranty. Please refer to the manufacturer's instructions to ensure that you can take advantage of your product's warranty. If you are unable to contact the manufacturer in regards to their warranty policies, please call our Customer Service Department at 866-529-5530 and choose option number 5.
Some of the items we carry have a Core Charge. The core is the original part that was on your car. When you send the core back to JC Whitney, the Core Charge is refunded. All core returns must follow a specific set of guidelines in order to be eligible for credit. The customer will be responsible for the cost of shipping the core back to JC Whitney. Please call our Returns Desk at 866-529-5530 option number 4 for instructions on returning your core.
How do I return a product?
If you received a Smart Label return shipping label on your invoice, follow these steps to return the item:
- Complete the return reason section on the back of your packaging slip that was included in the initial shipment.
- Pack the return in the original packaging and include the completed return reason form on the back of the packing slip, if possible.
- Securely attach the Smart Label return shipping label from your packing slip to the box.
- Take your package to any USPS location or give the package to a US postal worker making a delivery or pickup at your residence or place of business.
- Your refund will be processed within 2-3 days of our warehouse receiving your product. Please note that it takes an extra 1-7 days for your financial institution to post the credit back onto your account.
About Smart Labels for returns:
We offer Smart Label Return labels as a quick and easy return option. A Smart Label is a pre-paid, pre-addressed return label that you can use to return your product back to us. There’s no upfront payment needed – we will automatically deduct the Smart Label return fee from your purchase credit (see fees below). A return shipping charge will be deducted from your merchandise credit or refund based on the chart below:
|Up to 5 lbs.||$8.95
|5 - 10 lbs.||$13.95
|10 - 20 lbs.||$17.95
|20 + lbs.||$25.95
- Smart Labels are for US Domestic returns only (excluding Alaska and Hawaii)
- Cartons over 70 lbs cannot ship via the Smart Label process. Instead, the Customer Service Department will advise you on how to complete the return.
If you did not receive a return shipping label on your invoice, follow these steps to return the item:
- Call our Returns Desk at 866-529-5530 option number 4. You can also submit a request online here
- The Returns Desk will provide you with an RMA number. If your return is caused directly by an error on our part, a prepaid return label will be emailed to you.
- If a return shipping label was emailed to you, please print it. If you did not receive a return shipping label, please return the product using a shipping company of your choice. We advise you to insure the package and use a carrier that provides a tracking number.
- Pack the return in the original packaging if possible and write your RMA number on the shipping label.
- Securely attach the return shipping label to the box containing the item you are returning.
- Follow instructions on the shipping label to return your product. Depending on the type of label, you may need to drop the package off at a USPS office or at a FedEx Hub.
- Your refund will be processed within 2-3 days of our warehouse receiving your product. Please note that it takes an extra 1-7 days for your financial institution to post the credit back onto your account.
Engine and transmissions: Returns of new or remanufactured engines and transmissions will only be accepted if they have not been installed and returned within 90 days of purchase. They must also be returned in their original packaging, subject to inspection.
Custom-made and special orders: Custom-made and special order items cannot be returned unless there is a defect in the product. In case you have any problems with such items, please call us so we can provide assistance.
Electronics: Please call us before returning any electronic item for verification. Once opened, electronics are covered only by the manufacturer's warranty. If you have lost the warranty, please contact the manufacturer directly for a copy.
Books, CDs and DVDs: Return of books, CDs and DVDs can only be up to 1 year if they are still in their unopened packaging and are still marketed by JC Whitney. Opened items cannot be returned.
Do you offer express/expedited shipping?
Yes. For more info, please click here.
Do you ship outside the US?
Yes. We have partnered with Bongo International, a third-party international payment and shipping institution, to deliver products in countries outside US. You can avail of:
- - Secured checkout utilizing industry-leading encryption methods.
- - Highly discounted shipping rates.
- - Full landed cost (duties and taxes) billed upon checkout
- - Consolidation of packages to ensure the lowest shipping cost to the end destination.
- - Direct tracking all the way to the end destination.
We ship orders directly to the Bongo warehouse, where they consolidate your order and export it to your country. By selecting another country from the "Country" drop-down selection in the checkout, you'll be automatically redirected to the Bongo Checkout.
Do you have a retail store?
Yes, there is a JC Whitney Retail Store! We are located at 761 Progress Parkway, LaSalle, IL 61301 (Rt. 6 just West of Rt. 178, South of I-80). We have a large selection of automotive and motorcycle accessories, parts and tools, including unique and hard-to-find items. We also have the following store attractions:
- Inventory Closeouts
- Discontinued Items
- In-store Special Deals
- Weekend Lot Sale
- Limited to only 3 claims in any 90-day period per customer.
- JC Whitney reserves the right to limit the quantity of identical items per customer.
- JC Whitney reserves the right to modify or cancel this price guarantee at any time without prior notice.
We are available during:
- - Monday - Saturday: 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- - Sunday: 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Store Holidays (when we are closed):
- - Memorial Day
- - Independence Day
- - Labor Day
- - Thanksgiving Day
- - Day After Thanksgiving
- - Christmas Eve
- - Christmas Day
- - New Years Day
To place a Will Call Order, just call 1-800-JCWHITNEY or 1-815-667-7700. Will call orders are held for 48 hours. For more information click here.
Do you price match?
Yes. In fact, you can save as much as 50% off of the list prices and suggested retail prices charged at other stores. All of our prices are backed by our lowest price guarantee: you won
't find a lower price elsewhere on any identical item we offer, or we'll give you a refund of the difference.
To help you better understand, just follow this simple equation: Merchandise Selling Price - Discounts + Shipping, Handling & Insurance = the Total Price of Purchase
Eligibility for the refund is exclusively for products purchased within 30 days and those that meet the following conditions:
- - The product must be available from the JC Whitney website.
- - The product must be the exact same make, model, color, manufacturer, etc.
- - The online merchant must be an established Internet site as determined by JC Whitney.
- - JC Whitney will discount the purchase by refunding the difference in price against the original method of payment.
- - Price matching does not include state sales tax. Therefore, applicable state sales tax will be charged on top of the total price of purchase.
- - We do not price match auction sites such as Ebay, Overstock.com, and Amazon.com.
How can I contact JC Whitney?
JC Whitney is more than just the leading direct marketer of automotive parts and accessories. We are also known for great service and friendly assistance. So if you have any questions, feel free to call us through our hotline or visit our retail store.
You can call us at 1-800-603-4383 for any of the following:
- - To know more about our products, catalog requests, and other sales related matter, select option 1.
- - To talk to a customer service representative, select option 2.
- - To inquire about our return policies and conditions, select option 3.
If you prefer to be assisted in Spanish, you can also call 1-800-541-4716. Our friendly, Spanish-speaking customer service representatives are available from Monday to Saturday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (Central Time), to take your call. (Abierto 6 diasLunes a Sabado 7AM - 7PM Hora Central)
You can also visit our retail store at 761 Progress Parkway LaSalle, IL 61301. We are located along Rt.6, just west of Rt. 178 and south of I-80.
How do I apply for a career in JCWhitney?
Here at JC Whitney & Co., we believe that a successful company starts with great talent. That is why we are continuously on the hunt for driven individuals, like YOU, to join our dynamic team of professionals.
A variety of employment opportunities are available in the following areas:
- - Call/contact center management
- - Warehouse operations
- - Accounting/finance
- - Human resources
- - Information technology
*Applicants must be willing to work in LaSalle, IL.
Aside from the equal employment opportunities, JC Whitney & Co. also offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all our permanent, full-time employees. Our program includes, but is not limited to, the following benefits:
- - 401(k) plan with a company match
- - Medical, dental, vision, and life insurances
- - Short-term and long-term disability
- - Flexible spending plan
- - Tuition reimbursement
- - And more!
Be part of a leading team today! Email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why can't I change the order I just placed?
The easiest way to search for an item on our website is by doing a "keyword" search. On the upper left-hand corner of the screen, you will find a red "Search" box. Simply click on that box and type the specific item you are looking for. Keep your search terms simple and short to help you get better results.
If you want to do a more customized search, you can also search our list of items by clicking on the "Shop by Vehicle" button found on the upper left-hand side of the site page. The next page will then let you narrow down your search according to the year, make, and model of your car. Once you've selected your specific vehicle, you can now choose the category you'd like to shop in. This will lead you to the list of products that matches your details. You can also shorten the list further by choosing the item's fit in the navigation pane found on the left side of the screen.
How do I report typos or errors found on your website?
Everything listed on our website is thoroughly checked before it goes live. However typos and other errors are still unavoidable. We apologize for the inconvenience that any product description or pricing errors may have caused you. We would also greatly appreciate if you let us know of these errors immediately so we can correct the information found on our website. Email us at email@example.com and we will get to it as soon as possible.
What is your return policy?
Here at JC Whitney, your satisfaction is our number 1 priority. Our relationship with you does not end when the ordered part or accessory arrives at your doorstep. As an extension of our service, we offer a return policy like no other in the industry. We are confident that are wide array of parts and accessories are of the best quality and will give you exactly what you expect. If they don't and you are not 100% satisfied with what you have ordered from us, you can just return the item for an exchange or refund. Learn more about our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Promise below:
Almost all products sold here at the JC Whitney website are covered for one full year (except for products for commercial vehicles that are covered for 90 days). Returning an item is fairly simple. You just need to follow the return instructions listed on your packing slip or print a copy here. However, other items may require you to call or email us first for a return authorization. Such items are as follows:
- - Wheels and tires - includes tires, wheels, tire and wheel packages, special order tires, and tires with manufacturer's warranty
- - Batteries
- - Paintable parts
- - Custom made and special orders
- - Engine and transmissions
- - Books, CDs, and DVDs
- - Electronics
Why can't I return the item I ordered?
Although we offer a generous return policy, there are cases in which we cannot guarantee the life and performance of our products. If a product has been used for off-roading or other sporting activities, has been modified, or has sustained damage as a result of an accident, the return policy is automatically forfeited. Other conditions and guidelines for returning your items are as follows:
- - Wheels and tires are subject for authorization before it can be returned. Only those that have been returned within 30 days of purchase will be honored under this policy. You can call 800-469-3894 to get your return authorization.
- - Items are subject to return freight charges and will be deducted from your refunded amount.
- - Tires that have been mounted on wheels and/or sustained any physical damage will not be credited under this policy.
- - Wheels that have been mounted with tires, installed with lug nuts, and/or have sustained any physical damage may not be returned.
- - Tire and wheels packages can only be returned if the lug nuts have not been installed or if they do not have physical damage. In addition, all items returned will be subject to a $60 labor charge for dismount.
- - Special order tires, wheels, and tire and wheel packages is not covered by this policy and may not be returned.
- - Batteries that have been added with acid cannot be returned.
- - Paintable parts cannot be returned once they have already been painted.
- - If you have any issues with a custom-made product ordered from us, feel free to contact our customer service hotline. These items cannot be returned unless there is a defect in the product.
- - Engine and transmission that is returned after 90 days of purchase will not be covered by the return policy. New and remanufactured engine and transmission should be returned in the original crate. If they have already been installed, the return policy will also be forfeited. All engine and transmission products returned are subject to inspection and will be charged with a 15% restocking fee.
- - Opened books, CDs, and DVDs cannot be returned. If these items remain sealed, they can only be returned within 1 year of purchase and if they are still sold by JC Whitney.
- - Electronics are covered by the manufacturer's warranty. To verify if the item is eligible for return, you can call our customer service hotline.
- - We do not cover miscellaneous expenses shouldered by the merchandiser. These include labor cost during removal and installation of the defective part, materials, lost time or wages, towing lift, and dock or storage fees.
- - We shall not be held liable for any incidental or consequential damages that are caused by product defects.
What is a Smart Label?
Smart Label is a way of ensuring that you can quickly and easily return your item to us. It is a pre-paid, pre-addressed return label that is applied to your package upon return to JC Whitney. It also allows you to track the package you returned.
You don't have to pay anything upfront to use the Smart Label option. Instead, we will deduct a return shipping charge from your credit or refund.
The return shipping charge varies according the returned package's weight:
|$8.75 for packages up to 5 lbs.
|$12.95 for packages weighing 5 to 10 lbs.
|$16.95 for packages weighing 10 to 20 lbs.
|$25.95 for packages above 20 lbs.
How do I use a Smart Label?
Using the Smart Label is easy. You start by filling out the return form found at the back of your packing slip. Next, repackage the item you wish to return to JC Whitney. Attach or stick the Smart Label to the package. Once the package has been securely packed and labelled with the Smart Label, you can now drop it off in the mail.
To avail of the Smart Label return option, please click here.
Note: Smart Label is only available for US Domestic returns (Alaska and Hawaii not included). Return packages that are over 70 lbs. cannot be shipped using Smart Label. You can refer here for instructions on how to return on your own.
How and when do I receive my refund?
We will send an email confirmation once your returned packaged has been received. It normally takes about 3 to 5 business days to process the item you returned. However if items are to be shipped directly from the manufacturer, it may require additional time for processing.
Your refund is sent back depending on your mode of payment during the original transaction. If you paid using a credit card or bank debit card, a return credit will be sent to the credit card or bank of origin. The refunded amount will be reflected within 48 to 72 hours after processing the returned item. On the other hand, if you originally paid through check or money order, the refunded amount will be sent through check. You can expect to receive the refunded check in 3-4 weeks after receipt of the returned order.
For more than 90 years, JC Whitney has provided our valued customers with trusted products and committed service. As part of our commitment to service, we have instituted a privacy and security policy to show that we are dedicated to ensuring that your personal and business information is held to the highest standard of protection. The information below will make you aware of our privacy and security practices. We will present choices, that you, our valued customer, can make when viewing our website or completing a transaction with the Whitney Automotive Group.
What types of personal information do we collect?We collect and store the personal information that you provide us when you shop in our site, request information, or contact customer service by telephone or e-mail. We use this information to process orders, suggest products or services that may interest you, and provide services that will give you the best shopping experience while using our retail website. Personal information may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Online Purchases - It is necessary to give us your name, email address, shipping address, billing address, and credit card information to complete your online purchase. If you create an online account, the same type of information is collected and stored to make your shopping fast and easy.
- Catalog Requests - We need your name and mailing address in order to mail free catalogs or information about other products and services that you requested. We may also ask for a phone number or an email address to be able to contact you if there is a problem with mailing. To stop receiving catalogs, please call 1-800-603-4383.
- E-mail Offers - When you sign up for our email offers, we store your email address and will notify you of exclusive customer offers and opportunities. This will let you avail of additional savings on select products. However, you have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
- Customer Service - When you call our customer service center, you may be asked to provide personally identifying information. This will let us create an account to be used for reference on future calls in order to best assist you with you over the phone.
What types of non-personal information do we collect?Besides the personal information that you provide to us that enables you to shop online, receive catalogs, or contact us with ordering questions, we also collect and store information that is non-personal in nature by using cookies.
What are cookies?Cookies are small pieces of data that are sent by our web server and stored on your web browser once you access our website. They help track website activity such as visitor preferences, pages accessed, etc. This way, we can remember your information so that you don't have to reenter it every time you visit our websites. If you access our website via one of our email campaigns, we store your email address in a cookie.
You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser preferences. When you do this, however, you will not be able to enjoy the full capabilities of our website. We suggest placing your order and then deleting the cookies once you have finished your shopping or browsing session.
How do we protect your information?Protecting your information is our top priority. When you place your order, your information is secured by our use of a secure server (SSL). Access to this information is made limited by a software encryption and protected against unauthorized use. Our secure site is recognized and certified by CyberTrust, a leading computer network security company.
How do we use the information that we collect?Our goal is to provide you with the most efficient, hassle-free shopping experience possible. We may use the information that you provide us:
- To create account information, user-friendly shopping tools, and other site features that will give you a more personalized shopping experience;
- To enable you to make online purchases;
- To send you catalogs, direct mailings and requested product and service information in the mail;
- To notify you by mail or email of special promotions, upcoming events or new products or services;
- To provide our authorized third parties and affiliates with your information when deemed necessary.
Customer ServiceThe personal information you provide us when ordering online or by phone is information that we retain to help with future orders or questions. We will sometimes share this information with carefully selected companies who may have products or services that may interest you. However, we will never disclose your information without your consent. If you do not wish to receive these solicitations please forward your name, address, and phone number to: Customer Service Department, Customer Service Manager, 761 Progress Pkwy, La Salle, IL 61301.
Authorized Third Parties
There is a link on our "Order Confirmation" page that directs customers to another website. This website makes an offer of rebates and discounts for a monthly subscription fee. It requires your explicit consent to transfer your information only if you choose to accept their offer. If you follow the link after agreeing to a subscription, JC Whitney will transfer your name, street address and credit or debit card information to the operators of that website so that they can fulfill your subscription and charge your card. If you follow the link but do not accept the offer, no personal or credit/debit card information will be transferred.
We use a third-party service provider to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is an industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personal information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any other personal information about the user.
You can also read more about online marketing practices and the technologies that support them by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative's website: http://www.networkadvertising.org
We use a third party service provider to capture and serve product reviews on our behalf. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the data. They are restricted from using this data for other purposes or in any way other than to provide the requested services to JC Whitney.com. They are not allowed to alter or resell the data.
Third Party Links
Our websites may include links to other websites that might take you away from our site, such as sites of outside business partners, vendors, and advertisers. These sites have separate privacy and data collection practices. JC Whitney has no control over such websites and is not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or information-gathering practices of other entities or websites. Except as stated in this Privacy Statement, we will not provide any of your personal information to these third parties without your prior consent.
Is your website secure?
Protecting your information is our top priority. When you place your order, your information is secured by our use of a secure server (SSL). Access to this information is made limited by a software encryption and protected against unauthorized use. Our secure site is recognized and certified by CyberTrust, a leading computer network security company.
How do I unsubscribe from receiving JC Whitney Emails
Direct Mailings and E-mailOccasionally, we will use your mailing address or email address to send you information about new products, direct mail materials, sales promotions, or web-only exclusives. You will also be automatically eligible for and may receive similar promotional information via e-mail from our affiliated companies and brands. This will include their special announcements about that brand's products and services, sales and other promotions. If you do not wish to receive offers via direct mail, you can contact us using our Customer Service e-mail form at jcwhitney.com. If you do not wish to receive offers from our affiliates or from JC Whitney via e-mail, please send us your full name (first and last), complete mailing address and your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that we will never rent or sell your e-mail address to outside marketing companies.
Pricing & Payment Information:
What are the Payment Options?
Major Credit and Debit Cards: We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and PayPal.
Check by Phone Service: We can transfer your payment directly from your checking account. All you have to do is call one of our sales representatives for details on using our Check by Phone service at 1-866-529-5530, option 1.
Personal Checks and Money Orders: When mailing in your order, you can include a Personal Check or Money Order. If you wish to mail in your order or just need a blank order form, please click here to view/print one.
Please mail orders to:
761 Progress Parkway
LaSalle, IL 61301
Gift CertificatesWe don't offer JC Whitney Gift Certificates anymore. However, you may use any existing gift certificates you already have that are not expired.
To redeem your JCWhitney gift certificate, just call us to place your order at 1-800-529-5530, option 1. We are unable to redeem gift certificates on our site JCWhitney.com at this time.
Do you charge Sales Tax?
U.S. taxes apply only to residents of Illinois, Kansas, Ohio, Virginia and California. Appropriate state sales taxes apply to merchandise, shipping and/or freight charges. Please see the following State Sales Tax chart below: (Effective December 2010)
- International orders are also subject to applicable taxes and duties.
Catalog PricingAlthough there are times when we offer company-wide special promotions, we also have promotions offered specifically to our online customers. Along with that, we also offer special promotions that are exclusive to our catalog shoppers. If you feel you got a product for a lower price than what you originally paid from our catalog or website, please contact us via chat, phone, or email, and we'll correct it for you.
Promotional Codes & DiscountsYou can enter your promotion code in two places: (1) On a small pop-up checkout window, you can enter the promotion code toward the bottom and click the red Apply button; (2) If you are on the full "Shopping Cart" page, you can enter the promotion code in the shaded area at the bottom left. Click the red Apply button to check out.
Promotions cannot be combined. Use of promotion is only allowed once per order. Promotional codes are subject to the limitations specified in the advertisement including but not limited to: brand restrictions, location restrictions, and minimum merchandise purchase amount. For more details on our website promotions, click the promotion banner. More details on email promotions are available toward the bottom of the email. Additional details on catalog promotions can be found in the inside front cover.
We do not offer Military Discounts at this time. However, please feel free to sign up to receive our email promotions for great deals and specials.