Do you want your car's engine to roar every time you're on the road? If you do, then you might want to consider getting a new exhaust tip for your ride. This component not only changes the sound of your vehicle, but it can also modify the way that it looks. It comes in different forms and styles, giving you a wide variety to choose from. To learn more about this component, here's a brief buying guide that can help you find the right one for your car.
Exhaust tips are typically made using high-grade and durable materials, which enable them to withstand extreme conditions and allow them to last for a long time.
- Stainless steel - Aside from being resistant to rust, stainless steel exhaust tips are also known for their style and toughness, making it a favorite among car owners.
- Aluminum - With an aluminum exhaust tip, you don't have to worry about having an overly heavy component attached in your exhaust. It is also resistant to rust and can withstand high temperatures.
- Chrome - Chrome exhaust tips are ideal for customization because they have a flashy and shiny look. They also handle heat well, but they can get rusty at a faster rate compared to other types.
- Titanium - Lightweight and durable, titanium exhaust tips may be expensive, but they are preferred by those who want performance components installed in their rides.
When looking for a brand-new exhaust tip for your ride, you can choose from several shapes and designs to help modify the look of your vehicle. Here are some of your choices:
Exhaust tips can modify how your vehicle sounds and this will depend on the size of the tip. For instance, bigger ones can produce loud and deep tones while smaller tips can give you the exact opposite. Exhaust tips can also be classified according to the sound that they produce. This is divided into two categories, which are the following:
- Resonated - Resonated tips often have fiberglass linings, which helps diminish the noise coming from the exhaust.
- Non-resonated - Non-resonated tips, on the other hand, don't come with fiberglass linings, and this makes them noisier.
If your main goal in purchasing a new exhaust tip is to give your ride a makeover, you'll be glad to know that this component is available in many color options. It also features different finishes, which enables you to change the vibe of your vehicle. Here are some examples of colors and/or finishes that you can choose from:
- Black ceramic
Exhaust tips are typically priced around $50 to $100, so they surely won't put a hole in your pocket.
Installing an exhaust tip is relatively easy, requiring only a few tools and limited DIY experience. You can definitely do it yourself to save some cash. And lastly, exhaust tips are usually installed using clamps or screws.