If you frequently go on off-road adventures, you need to be prepared for whatever may come your way. And if you love going on nighttime trips, you need to be equipped with the right set of tools and gears that will make your adventure safe and convenient. One of the things that you should invest on is a good work light. Work lights will definitely come in handy in case you find yourself stuck in the middle of nowhere at night, and you need to perform emergency repairs on your vehicle. This tool actually comes in handy for almost anything and everything, depending on where and how you want to use it.whether as a supplement light for camping, a guiding light when going on trails, or as a main source of light when performing repairs on your vehicle.work lights are very versatile and they can be employed for whatever application that you deem them useful.
Types of Work Lights
There are three main types of work lights available in the market today. They are the following:
- Compact magnetic style - Compact, magnetic-style work lights are typically small in size, and they are usually attached to the vehicle with the help of a small hook that's located on top of the component.
- Freestanding with handle - A freestanding work light that comes with a handle is a portable type of tool that's relatively bigger than compact, magnetic type. This light is furnished with a sturdy base, and it can easily be picked up using its handles.
- Handheld - Handheld work lights typically look like flashlights. They have a tubular shape that's easy to grip, making them perfect for illuminating tight areas in the vehicle.
Features of Work Lights
Work lights come in different shapes and sizes, but you'll also find various features that make them helpful. When buying a work light for your vehicle, consider the following features first.
- On/off switch - All work lights need to have a switch that will make operation convenient and easy. A typical on/off toggle switch may seem like a simple feature, but ensuring that this is in your work light will make a big difference.
- Sturdy housing - If you're an off-roader, you need tools that are designed to stand the test of time. To make sure you get a good-quality work light, see to it that it comes with a strong housing component such as ABS plastic, which is known for its durability.
- LED lights - Most work lights sold in the market today are equipped with LED lights. This type of light saves a lot of energy, shines brighter than halogen, and lasts for a long time.
- Power source - When choosing a work light, make sure that you are prepared to power it up. Battery-powered light will not require any wiring, which makes it convenient.
- Wall charger and car charger - It would be best to get a work light that can be charged using a typical wall outlet and a car charger. This ensures that you can recharge the light no matter where you are.